Baked French Toast
Yield: Serves 4-6
- 4 slices white bread sliced 1 inch thick
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- maple syrup
Instructions:Butter a 9-inch square baking pan. Arrange bread slices overlapping, to fill pan completely. In medium bowl combine eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup, mixing well. Spread mixture evenly over the bread. Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.