Banana Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 C crushed Oreo's (chocolate Portion only)
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 /3 C butter, melted
- 4-8oz blocks of Philly Cream Cheese
- 1 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp banana extract
- 2 bananas, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 12 oz of good quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (60-70%60-70% cocoa).
- 6 oz heavy cream
Instructions:1. To prepare the crust, place approximately 3-4 C of Oreo's (cookie portion only) into Cuisinart Food Processor and process until finely ground).
2. Measure out the 1 3/4 C of cookie crumbs and mix with 1/4 C sugar in a bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
3. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9" springform pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the sour cream and extracts and mix well. Fold in bananas and pour into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 for approx 1 hour or until the center is almost set. Allow to cool to room temp and they refrigerate.
Once chilled, top with chocolate Ganache. To make the ganache, heat 6 oz of heavy cream just until its about to boil. Pour through a sieve over chocolate and allow to set for a few minutes then whisk to combine. Allow the ganache to thicken to frosting consistancy and spread over cold cheese cake. Serve chilled.