Banana-Coconut Apple Crisp
Yield: 9 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 7 cups sliced, peeled Rome apples (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup diced ripe banana
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
Instructions:Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and both sugars in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in coconut.
Combine apple and remaining ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or 1-1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is nicely browned.