Beef and Bean Chili
Yield: 8-10 servings
From Sugar Less for Life. Note about beans from 'Country Life' Cookbook ... soak beans, drain and freeze for future use. Soaked beans are ready anytime to cook or to use soaked but uncooked in a recipe.
- 4 green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 29-ounce cans tomato sauce (or try equivalent of tomatoes that have been pureed)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans (or soak and cook your own beans to use)
Sauté seasoning in cooking oil until slightly softened. Add meat and brown. Add remaining ingredients except for the kidney beans, cook on medium-low heat for 1 hour. Add kidney beans. Serve immediately.