Total Time: 20
Yield: 4 servings
Thread some meat, peppers, onions, and tomatoes on sticks to make this easy beef kebabs entree!
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds tenderloin or other lean, boneless steak (cut into 1-1/2- to 2-inch cubes)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Fresh bay leaves (optional)
- 1 pint cherry, grape, or other small tomatoes
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (about 1-1/2 cups uncooked), sprinkled with lemon zest and chopped parsley (optional)
Instructions:In a large, heavy-duty zip-top bag, combine first nine ingredients; add steak and coat well. Seal and chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Soak bamboo skewers in water. Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternating ingredients, thread beef, bell pepper, red onion, and bay leaves, if desired, onto four skewers, leaving 2 inches on each end. Thread tomatoes and scallions onto four skewers; drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
Place kebabs on grill, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice.