Updated Monday, July 1st, 2013
Yield: Makes about 40 1-inch meatballs.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet, cook the sausage with the beets over medium heat until the sausage is browned and crumbles. Add the garlic powder and half the salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper and whisk to mix. Add the cheddar cheese, tossing to coat.
3. Add the sausage and beets and the melted butter. Mix to incorporate.
4. Roll heaping spoonfuls of the mixture between your hands to create 1-inch balls and place each on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
–Karen Stauffer, Fort Rucker, Alabama
In this issue: Summer Off the Beaten Path
Comments maybe edited for length and clarity.
©2013, Yankee Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Yankee Publishing Inc., | P.O. Box 520, Dublin, NH 03444 | (603) 563-8111