Beet and Sausage Balls
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage1 can (8¼ ounces) sliced beets, drained1/4 teaspoon garlic powder1/2 teaspoon salt, divided1-1/4 cups flour1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet, cook the sausage with the beets over medium heat until the sausage is browned and crumbles. Add the garlic powder and half the salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper and whisk to mix. Add the cheddar cheese, tossing to coat.
3. Add the sausage and beets and the melted butter. Mix to incorporate.
4. Roll heaping spoonfuls of the mixture between your hands to create 1-inch balls and place each on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
–Karen Stauffer, Fort Rucker, Alabama