black forest cheesecake
- Black Forest Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 C. Chocolate cookie or wafer crumbs
- 3 T. Butter or regular margarine, melted
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 T. Cornstarch
- 1 t. Almond extract
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling, chilled
Instructions:Preheat oven to 300° F. In a small mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs with
butter. Press firmly on bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with the sweetened
condensed milk, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add
the sweetened condensed mixture. Beat until smooth. Add the eggs, cornstarch
and almond extract. Mix well. Pour into crust.
Bake for 55 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on wire rack.
Top with the cherry pie filling before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: one 9 inch cheesecake