Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices Italian bread
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (10-ounce) bag chopped romaine lettuce
- Salt and pepper
Instructions:Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise over both sides of bread slices and transfer to baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then cut into 1-inch croutons.
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Discard drippings.
Whisk remaining mayonnaise and vinegar in large bowl. Add bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and croutons and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.