BLT in a Bowl
- * 8 thin slices French bread (baguette-style)
- * 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- * 2 teaspoons snipped fresh parsley
- * 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- * 6 cups torn greens, such as iceberg, romaine, and/or spinach
- * 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes or 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- * 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- * 1/2 cup cubed mozzarella or Muenster cheese (2 ounces)
- * 8 slices turkey bacon or bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- * 1/4 cup bottled reduced-fat ranch, Italian, or French salad dressing
1. For garlic toasts, place bread slices on a baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree F oven about 5 minutes or until toasted. Meanwhile, stir together butter, parsley, and garlic salt. Turn bread slices over; brush with butter mixture. Bake about 3 minutes more or until toasted; set aside.
2. Divide torn greens among 4 salad bowls or plates. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, and bacon on the greens. Serve with dressing and garlic toasts. Makes 4 main-dish servings.