* 6 cups torn greens, such as iceberg, romaine, and/or spinach
* 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes or 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
* 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup cubed mozzarella or Muenster cheese (2 ounces)
* 8 slices turkey bacon or bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
* 1/4 cup bottled reduced-fat ranch, Italian, or French salad dressing
1. For garlic toasts, place bread slices on a baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree F oven about 5 minutes or until toasted. Meanwhile, stir together butter, parsley, and garlic salt. Turn bread slices over; brush with butter mixture. Bake about 3 minutes more or until toasted; set aside.
2. Divide torn greens among 4 salad bowls or plates. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, and bacon on the greens. Serve with dressing and garlic toasts. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.
We reserve the right to remove or edit comments that are offensive or disrespectful to our readers and/or writers, cannot be verified, lack clarity, or contain profanity. Your comments may be republished by Yankee Magazine across multiple platforms.