Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
Yield: Makes 8 scones.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus a little more for dusting blueberries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut in chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh, not frozen, blueberries
Instructions:Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Using 2 forks or pastry blender, cut in butter to coat the pieces with flour until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Make a well in center and pour in heavy cream. Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overwork dough. Toss blueberries in a little flour then fold them into the batter, taking care not to mash or bruise them.
Gently press dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12x3x1-1/2 inches. Cut in half, then cut the 2 pieces in half again. Cut the squares in half on a diagonal.
Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until brown. Let cool a bit before applying glaze.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Instructions:Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
To make glaze, mix lemon juice and confectioners' sugar together in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add zest and butter.
Microwave for 30 seconds on high. Whisk the glaze until smooth and drizzle over the tops of the scones. (Or make the glaze in a double boiler.) Let sit a minute before serving.