Yield: Makes one 9-inch tart.
Another delectable, and really quite easy, way to use up some of the summer's blueberries. Especially good served with ice cream.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Use your favorite recipe, or try this whole wheat crust.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
Instructions:Heat butter and chicken fat until foamy; remove from heat. Add syrup if desired. Mix in flour to make pastry dough. Press into a straight-sided 9-inch tart pan or a pie plate.
- 4 cups blueberries, reserving about 1 cup for topping
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 to 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cinnamon (optional)