B.M. Blueberry Bran Bread
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup wheat bran
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Special Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
Place all of the ingredients into the pan of your bread machine, program the machine for Basic white bread, and press Start.
Check the dough after 10 to 15 minutes of kneading; it should have formed a smooth ball, soft but not sticky. If necessary, adjust the dough's consistency with additional flour or water. Yield: one 7 to 8-inch loaf.
Nutrition information per serving (1/2-inch slice, 1/14 of loaf, 73g): 159 cal, 3.1g fat, 5g protein, 24g complex carbohydrates, 4g sugar, 3g dietary fiber, 8mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 131mg potassium, 29RE vitamin A, 2mg vitamin C, 2mg iron, 73mg calcium, 87mg phosphorus.