Braised Fennel and Leeks
Total Time: 20
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 medium-size leeks, trimmed and rinsed well
- 3 medium-size fennel bulbs (roots discarded), thinly sliced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Instructions:Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium-size casserole, arrange leeks in one layer with sliced fennel on top. Pour in stock and wine. Scatter pats of butter over the top and season with salt and pepper. Seal with foil and cook in oven 40 minutes. Then remove foil, and return to oven for 10 minutes more.
In a small bowl, combine Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Scatter over the top of the leeks and bake 5-8 minutes, or until well-browned.