Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
To prepare this recipe for Braised Leeks, discard roots and all but 2 inches of the green part; leeks should be 6 to 8 inches trimmed.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 12 medium leeks, trimmed and rinsed well
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumb
Heat oven to 400°.
In a medium-size casserole, arrange leeks in one layer. Pour stock and wine over top. Scatter pats of butter over the leeks and season with salt and pepper.
Seal with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil. Return to oven for 10 minutes longer.
In a small bowl, combine parmesan and breadcrumbs. Scatter over top of leeks and bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until well-browned.