Brandied Fruit Compote
Yield: A lot
- 2 29-ounce cans peach halves
- 6 pieces of cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 29-ounce cans pear halves, drained
- 1 16-ounce can apricot halves, drained
- 1 17-ounce can figs, drained
- 1 16-ounce can green grapes, drained
- 1 cup brandy
Instructions:Drain syrup from peach halves into 1 quart saucepan; stir in cinnamon sticks, allspice, ginger and nutmeg. Over medium heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; cool.
In large bowl, combine drained peaches, pears, figs, apricots, grapes and brandy. Pour syrup mixture over all. With rubber spatula, gently toss mixture to mix well. Spoon into large apothecary type jar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Keeps well.