Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A great dish for a brunch or when your house is filled with visitors. Just mix up the ingredients the night before, then leave a note for the first one up to put it in the oven. By the time everyone is up and coffee is made, breakfast will be ready.
Read more about this Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Casserole.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 cups cubed day-old white bread
- 1 red onion, chopped in large chunks
- 1 green pepper, chopped in large chunks
- 1 red pepper, chopped in large chunks
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, removed from casings, or bacon
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Fry the sausage or bacon until done. Drain well.
Lightly grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Place the bread in the dish and top with the meat and vegetables. Mix together the eggs, milk, paprika, salt, mustard, and cheese. Pour over the meat and vegetables. Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the casserole for 50 minutes.