Broiled Eggplant Slices
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Here is a quick and easy way to prepare eggplant. The best part is that this technique involves very little oil. Consequently, it produces a light result that is also low in calories. Eggplant slices prepared according to step #1 may be substituted in other recipes that call for slices that have been breaded and fried.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled or unpeeled
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
Instructions:1. Slice the eggplant into1/2-inch-thick rounds. Generously brush both sides of each slice with oil. Place on a flat baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slide under the broiler and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until the eggplant is tender and lightly browned.
2. Top each slice of eggplant with a tomato slice and sprinkle with fresh basil. Scatter the mozzarella cheese over the tomato and return to the broiler to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.