Broiled Seafood Kabob
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Parboiling the vegetables first is the secret step in this popular entrée.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 8 shrimp, peeled but leaving tail shells on
- 12 ounces haddock
- 16 chunks onion (parboiled 2 minutes)
- 16 chunks green peppers (parboiled 2 minutes)
Instructions:On each of 8 bamboo or stainless steel skewers place 1-1/2 ounces each scallops and haddock, 1 shrimp, and 2 chunks each onion and green pepper, alternating seafood and vegetables on the skewer.
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces onion, chopped very fine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Instructions:Combine all ingredients, mix well, and pour over kabobs. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
When ready to cook kabobs remove them from marinade and place on a broiler rack with a drip pan under it. Broil 10-12 minutes, turning once. While broiling, baste with butter. Serve 2 skewers on a bed of your favorite rice with drawn butter. Spoon drippings over each kabob.