Broiled Seafood Kabob
Yield: Serves 4.
Parboiling the vegetables first is the secret step in this popular entrée.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 8 shrimp, peeled but leaving tail shells on
- 12 ounces haddock
- 16 chunks onion (parboiled 2 minutes)
- 16 chunks green peppers (parboiled 2 minutes)
Instructions:On each of 8 bamboo or stainless steel skewers place 1-1/2 ounces each scallops and haddock, 1 shrimp, and 2 chunks each onion and green pepper, alternating seafood and vegetables on the skewer.
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces onion, chopped very fine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Instructions:Combine all ingredients, mix well, and pour over kabobs. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
When ready to cook kabobs remove them from marinade and place on a broiler rack with a drip pan under it. Broil 10-12 minutes, turning once. While broiling, baste with butter. Serve 2 skewers on a bed of your favorite rice with drawn butter. Spoon drippings over each kabob.