Broiled Swordfish Kabobs
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds swordfish, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 12 skewers
- juice of 1 lemon
In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, hot-pepper sauce, and black pepper. Marinate the swordfish in the mixture for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove the fish, then put the marinade into a small pan and bring to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Alternate the fish, peppers, and tomatoes on the skewers. Place the skewers on a cookie sheet and broil for 10 minutes, basting with the marinade and turning several times. Before serving, sprinkle the lemon juice over the skewers.