Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Instructions:I recommend using Dad’s Pie Pastry (page 65) or Three-Grain Butter Pastry (page 65), but any other pastry in this collection will do. Roll the dough into a 13-inch circle and line a 9-1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate with it, forming the overhanging dough into an upstanding rim (see “Forming the Edge,” page 62). Chill and partially prebake the shell (see “Partially Prebaking . . .,” page 62). Then cool the shell.
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups plain yogurt