Brussels Sprouts Polonaise
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
White and yellow borders of sieved hard-boiled egg make this dish of Brussels sprouts as attractive as it is delicious.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled and cooled
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 250°. Generously butter a shallow baking dish. Drop the Brussels sprouts into a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. To microwave, place the Brussels sprouts in a glass casserole with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook at hight power for 2-1/2 minutes. Stir, then cook for 2-1/2 minutes more.
2. Transfer the cooked Brussels sprouts to a colander set under cold running water. Drain well and shake to remove as much water as possible. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small skillet and pour over the Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat then place in the oven to keep warm. Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet and blend in the lemon juice and chervil. Add the bread crumbs and stir to moisten. Set aside.
3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Force them both through a sieve, allowing the yolks and whites to collect in separate piles. Take the Brussels sprouts from the oven and increase the heat to 350°. Scatter the bread crumbs over the Brussels sprout and toss to combine. Distribute the sieved egg white in a border around the perimeter of the baking dish. Then next to it, make a row of sieved egg yolk. Return the dish to the oven and heat for 5 minutes.