Brussels Sprouts Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chilled Brussels sprouts are tossed with celery slices and narrow strips of red bell pepper to create a dazzling salad.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
Instructions:1. Drop the Brussels sprouts into a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander set under cold running water. Shake to remove as much water as possible. Transfer to a salad bowl. Add the celery, red bell pepper, and onion and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until lightly chilled.
2. In a small bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve the sugar, then whisk in the oil. Pour over the chilled Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Scatter on the capers and alfalfa sprouts and serve.