- 1/4 - 1/2 recipe Fat Man’s Brine
- (The Fat Man's Chicken Kickin' Brine
- 2 Gallons Water
- 1 1/4 cups Pickling Salt. I use Ball's Canning and Pickling Salt.
- 3 Tbs Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Ground Sage
- 2 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tbs Fresh black pepper
- 4 Whole Bay leaves
- 1 Tbs Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tbs Dave's Insanity Sauce
- 2 Tbs Italian seasoning. (Oregano, Marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary and Sage). I throw in a couple of pinches of each seasoning.
- Combine all the ingredients in a stock pot. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer and stir frequently until all the ingredients are dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature before immersing the meat.
- This recipe makes way too much brine for one or two chickens. I cut the recipe in half with success. )
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken wings
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 1 c Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 1/2 t Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- Blue-Cheese Dressing
- Celery sticks
Brine wings for 1/2 hour to an hour. Rinse and pat dry. Bake in a 400°f oven for 20 - 30 minutes, or until skin is golden brown and insides are cooked.
While wings are cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add Franks, Tabasco, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Lower heat, and keep warm until ready to use.
When wings are done, toss wings and sauce together in a tightly sealed tupperware container and shake until wings are covered.
Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.