Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Makes 48 wings and about 3 cups dressing.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup minced scallion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 24 chicken wings (about 4 pounds), tips removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Celery sticks, for serving
Make Blue Cheese Dressing: In medium bowl,
combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
while you prepare wings.
Make wings: Cut wings in half at joint; rinse and
pat dry. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Line baking sheet or large platter with paper towels.
In deep-fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 3 inches
vegetable oil to 375 degrees F. Fry wings in two
batches, until crisp and golden brown, about 10
minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer wings to
baking sheet to drain.
In small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter; stir
in 4 to 6 tablespoons hot sauce and 1 to 2 tablespoons
vinegar. Dip wings into sauce and transfer to serving
platter. Spoon any extra sauce over wings. Serve with
celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.