Cabbage ~ Sweet-and-Sour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into small chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small chunks
- 6 cups thickly shredded green cabbage (1 small head)
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Salt to taste
Instructions:1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and bell pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in cabbage. Sprinkle brown sugar, salt, sage and black pepper over cabbage, and cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is wilted, about 10 minutes.
3. Add vinegar, increase heat to medium-high, and cook until cabbage is well coated, about 3 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.