Cajun chicken and sausage
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Cajun Chicken, Sausage & Rice
- This flavor packed slow-cooker meal is great any time
- Of the year because it cooks all through the workday without heating up the
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- Makes 12 servings.
- 6 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 pound lean smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 McCormick
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place sausage, bell peppers, onions, celery,
tomatoes, bouillon and water, bay leaves, thyme and garlic powder in slow
cooker. Stir to blend well. Top with chicken and sprinkle with black
2. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH until chicken cooked through and
vegetables are tender.
3. Add rice; stir gently. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes until rice is
tender. Remove bay leaves and chicken bones before serving.
IMPORTANT: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.