Canadian Bacon Soup
- 1 16-oz pkg dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 (14 1/2 ozs. each) cans ready-to-serve vegetable broth
- 1 6-oz pkg sliced Canadian-style bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting for 8-9 hours or High
for 3-5 hours or until lentils are tender. Stir well before serving. Serves 8.