Caponata (via microwave)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This appetizer is best made a day or two before serving.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar ripe olives for garnish
Instructions:Place oil and eggplant into a 1-1/2-quart microwave dish, cover, and microwave on high for 8 minutes or until softened, stirring halfway through.
Add onion, garlic, pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir well.
Re-cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, chile sauce, capers, and vinegar, and stir well.
Re-cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool. Garnish with ripe olives and serve at room temperature with crusty French bread.