- 6 wooden craft sticks
- 6 small apples, any variety, stems removed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Insert sticks into tops of apples. Prepare an ice-water bath.
2. Bring cream, sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Clip a candy thermometer to pan, and continue to cook until mixture reaches 245 degrees, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Place pan in ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Dip bottom of each apple in caramel. Using a spoon, coat apple halfway to three-quarters of the way up sides. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes (or overnight).