Cardoons with Asiago
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Cardoons, lightly sautéed until golden, are finished with a sprinkling of Asiago cheese.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 bunch cardoons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese (or substitute freshly grated Parmesan cheese)
Instructions:1. Wash and trim the cardoons. Cut into 2-inch lengths and drop into cold acidulated water.
2. Transfer the cardoons to a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble until tender. Drain in a colander. Shake to remove as much water as possible.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted. Add the cardoons and stir over high heat until lightly golden. Distribute the garlic and lemon zest over the cardoons. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir briefly over high heat. Sprinkle on the grated cheese and allow it to melt. Serve immediately.