Caribbean Shrimp Wraps in Lavash
Total Time: 40
Yield: 4 wraps
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped Anaheim chile or other moderately spicy chile
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half
- lengthwise through the body
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon bottled hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup mango chutney or ginger chutney
- 4 11-inch lavash bread rounds or tortillas
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, chile, and garlic. Saute until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp, lime peel, thyme, and cinnamon. Sauté, stirring frequently, until shrimp is barely cooked and no longer translucent, about 4 or 5 minutes. Add grapes, lime juice, and hot sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste, mix well, and remove from heat.
Place cooked rice in a microwave-safe container and microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes, or until hot. Add chutney to rice; mix well. Place lavash bread rounds in a large zip-top plastic bag and microwave on high 1 minute.
Remove lavash from bag and, working two at a time, spread 1/2 cup rice and one-quarter of the shrimp-grape mixture on the lower half of each lavash round. Fold in the sides, then tightly roll up the lavash. Place the wraps seam side down on a serving platter.