Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
My daughter thinks this cake so good.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups lite oil
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1-1/3 cups pureed cooked carrots (we buy the ones in a can and puree in blender)
- 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift (must do this) all dry ingredients into large bowl. Add oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat well with mixer. Remove beaters and fold in with large rubber spatula the walnuts, coconut, carrots and pineapple. Pour batter into greased pan (we use one 10-inch spring form but I am sure you can used layered ones as well. Set on middle rack of oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the cake starts to shrink away from the sides of the pan. Cakes will look very dark. Cool on rack for 3 hours while you prepare the frosting.