Carrot Cupcakes with Cream-Cheese Frosting
Total Time: 40
Yield: 18 cupcakes; 1-1/2 cups frosting
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11/2 cups grated carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream Cheese Frosting (see accompanying recipe)
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare muffin tins with paper liners (18 cups in all).
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
In bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla on medium speed until light in color and thickened in texture, about 2 minutes.
Turn off motor. Add flour mixture and combine on low speed until just incorporated. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in carrots, raisins, and walnuts by hand.
Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake cupcakes until brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. When done, remove cupcakes from pan to a wire rack. Let cool to room temperature. When cool, top each cupcake with a tablespoon or more of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract