Yield: Serves 4
Carrot fritters -- distinctive carrot patties -- make an excellent partner for baked ham.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, shredded or coarsely chopped
- Vegetable oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and sherry. Blend in the baking powder, salt, cayenne, and bread crumbs. Stir in the carrots and onion and blend well.
2. Spoon the mixture onto a hot griddle brushed with vegetable oil and press down with the back of the spoon to shape into patties. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once to brown both sides. Serve on a napkin-lined plate.