Yield: Makes 8 to 9 cups.
Bill Sammons purees this creamy and lightly flavored soup using a conical strainer and a wooden spoon, but we found that a blender or a food processor also gives a lovely, smooth texture.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 4 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 4 shallots, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried chervil (more fresh, if available)
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus extra for topping
- Nutmeg or paprika, for garnish