Carrots with Dill Dressing
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Carrots and dill are a winning combination, but you can substitute tarragon if you prefer. This salad combines carrots with dill dressing and makes a wonderful accompaniment for hot or cold poultry dishes.
- 5 to 6 medium-size carrots, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1/2 medium-size onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon red or white vinegar
Blanch the carrots in boiling water to cover for about 30 seconds. Plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well. In a large mixing bowl, combine the carrots with the remaining ingredients. Chill well before serving.