Cauliflower and Ziti with Anchovies
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Strips of red bell pepper and sliced black olives lend vivid color to this cold cauliflower and ziti pasta salad.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 can (2 ounces) flat anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound ziti, boiled and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 12 ripe black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Separate the cauliflower into flowerets and drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander set under cold running water. Shake gently to remove as much water as possible, then set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, and oregano. Stir in the shallot, garlic, and capers. Coarsely chop 4 of the anchovies and blend in. Gradually whisk in the oil.
3. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Add the drained ziti, red bell pepper, olives, basil, and parsley. Mix together. Pour on the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving plate lined with lettuce and garnish with additional anchovies if you wish.