Cauliflower and Ziti with Anchovies
Yield: Serves 4
Strips of red bell pepper and sliced black olives lend vivid color to this cold cauliflower and ziti pasta salad.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 can (2 ounces) flat anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound ziti, boiled and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 12 ripe black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Separate the cauliflower into flowerets and drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander set under cold running water. Shake gently to remove as much water as possible, then set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, and oregano. Stir in the shallot, garlic, and capers. Coarsely chop 4 of the anchovies and blend in. Gradually whisk in the oil.
3. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Add the drained ziti, red bell pepper, olives, basil, and parsley. Mix together. Pour on the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving plate lined with lettuce and garnish with additional anchovies if you wish.