Celeriac and Red Pepper Salad
Yield: Serves 4
Shredded celeriac and strips of red bell pepper are chilled in a coriander marinade, then dressed with a spicy mayonnaise.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium celeriacs
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
Instructions:1. In a small saucepan combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, coriander seed, salt, and pepper. Simmer uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a large bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Peel and shred the celeriacs and immediately transfer to the cooled mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Mix in the red bell pepper. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours to marinate.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the celeriacs and bell pepper to another mixing bowl. Strain the liquid that remains behind and then blend as much of it with the mayonnaise as needed to make a thin, creamy dressing. Pour over the vegetables, toss to coat, and serve.