Yield: Makes 6 quarts.
Freezes beautifully and tastes even better the second time around. Experiment with the amounts of ingredients to find the combination that appeals most to your family.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 pound dry pinto beans
- 6 cups canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound green peppers, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-1/2 pounds coarsely ground chuck
- 1 pound coarsely ground pork
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper