Cheddar And Pesto Strata
Yield: Serves 6.
Morning or evening, this recipe for Cheddar And Pesto Strata will be a big hit. Accompany with sausage for breakfast and at suppertime include a salad to complete the meal. Grunberg Haus Bed and Breakfast, Waterbury, Vermont
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 7 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried
Place the bread on the bottom of a greased 13x9-inchy pan. Top with a layer of onion, red and green bell pepper, cheeses, and mushrooms. Beat the eggs, salt, milk, garlic, and basil together and pour over all. Let set in the refrigerator overnight.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.