- Makes 16 bars
- Prep: 35 minutes
- Bake: 32 minutes
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. For chocolate batter, in a saucepan melt
the unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir
in the 1-1/3 cups sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cool 15 minutes. Beat in
the 3 eggs and the 3/4 cup flour.
2. For cheesecake filling, in a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, the 1/3
cup sugar, 1 egg, 4 teaspoons flour, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Spray an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick coating. Spread two-thirds
of the chocolate batter in the pan. Spoon cheesecake filling over batter.
Dollop with remaining chocolate batter.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Bake for 12 minutes
more. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight
container in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes
before serving. Makes 16 bars.
Back to top