Cheesy Sausage-and-Tomato Manicotti
Yield: 6 servings
Found this recipe in Southern Living and it is tastefully good.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 8-ounce package uncooked manicotti noodles
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles with garlic, oregano, and basil
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Instructions:Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water. Drain.
Process tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and chiles in a blender 20 seconds or until smooth. Set aside.
Cook sausage in large skillet over medium to high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
Spoon into manicotti shells; arrange stuffed shells in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
Pour tomato mixture over shells; sprinkle with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let casserole stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle top with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Additional Notes:Can be assembled and frozen for up to one month.
Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you prefer a smaller casserole, use two 11x7-inch baking dishes.