Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cups beef stock
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon beef base or bouillon
- 2 small heads green cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound diced leftover meat
- Salt and pepper
Cook onion & garlic in butter until transparent.
Add beef stock, tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, beef
base and shredded cabbage. Bring to boil. Reduce heat
and simmer 1 hour over low heat.
Mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into soup
gradually and cook and stir until liquid is translucent.
Add meat, salt and pepper to taste.
Heat through. 6 servings.