chicken and mushrooms in foil
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Chicken and Mushrooms in Foil
- 1/2 lb. Mushrooms, chopped fine
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each dried thyme and marjoram, crumbled
- 3 tbs dry red wine
- 1/4 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 skinned & boned chicken breasts, halved
- 4 thin slices reduced sodium ham (about 1/4 lb)
Set a heavy nonstick 7-inch skillet over low heat about 30 seconds.
Add mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Cover & cook for 10 minutes
Or until mushrooms have release their juices. Mix in thyme and
Raise heat to moderate, add wind, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth and cook 5 minutes longer or until almost all the
Liquid has evaporated. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl. When
Temperature has cooled slightly, stir in the lemon juice.
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat 4 sheets of aluminum foil, each 10
Inches long, with cooking spray. Lay 1 piece of the chicken on each
Piece of foil, spoon on 1/4 of the mushroom mixture, and top with 1
Ham slice. Fold foil over and crimp tightly to seal.
Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the
Chicken is done.