Yield: 4 servings
Chicken Divine is the dish that's credited with introducing Americans to broccoli in the 1930s. You can't go wrong with this popular combination of chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli in a creamy rich sauce. It's especially good served with noodles. From Yankee
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- * 1/2 lemon
- * 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned, and split
- * 1 can (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- * 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- * 1 cup sour cream
- * 1/2 to 3/4 cup dry sherry
- * paprika
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the broccoli according to the package directions until just tender. Drain well.
Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Arrange the broccoli in the casserole and squeeze the lemon over the broccoli. Place the chicken on the broccoli. Combine the mushrooms, soup, sour cream, and sherry. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle generously with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Serve hot.
Recent Reader Reviews