chicken fried steak and gravy
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Chicken Fried Steak With Good Ol' Country Gravy
- 2 Pounds round steak -- tenderized, trimmed
- of all fat.
- 1 cup flour -- mixed with salt and
- pepper and garlic powder
- 2 eggs -- slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Lard for frying
- Country Gravy:
- 6 tablespoons bacon or pan drippings
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups hot milk
- Salt and pepper
Cut steak into six pieces. Soak steak in milkor buttermilk.
Dredge in flour mixture. Dip steaks into beaten eggs.
Dredge again in flour.
Heat the lard until very hot. Fry steaks in the melted lard.
Prepare the gravy:
Add flour to melted bacon or pan drippins. Stir until flour
Then slowly add milk and stir until it gets thick.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over warm steaks.
The crowning touch is to serve with mashed potatoes and more
gravy, whole kernel corn, and a salad.