Chicken Noodle Soup
Total Time: 20
Yield: 6 servings
It's almost universal, our yen for chicken soup. I don't know of any hard evidence that it actually cures anything, but I do know it's where I turn when I've had a rough day. This recipe is an amalgamation of the soup my mother served me after swim-team practice in the winter and the hundreds of bowls I've enjoyed outside my parents' cozy kitchen.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock (homemade or low-sodium store-bought)
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large soup pot or saucepot, warm oil over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, and garlic and cook 3 to 5 minutes, being careful not to brown the garlic. Add stock, raise heat to high, and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer 5 minutes. Add pasta and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.