TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 20
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained of brine
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: lemon wedges
Instructions:Cut each chicken breast half into two pieces, crosswise. Place chicken pieces between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking to remove excess. Saute chicken in skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink; transfer to warmed plates.
Pour off any excess oil. Add vermouth to skillet and cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, or until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in lemon juice, butter, and capers. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with lemon zest, if desired, and parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.