Yield: Serves 4
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned and fat removed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchinis, about 7 inches long, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (16-ounces) whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Black pepper to taste
Instructions:Heat oil in large nonstick or cast iron skillet. Add chicken and saute about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley, and pepper; stir and continue cooking about 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Broil 6 inches from heat, in an oven-safe baking pan or heavy cast iron skillet (if you have a large one), 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.