Chicken Stuffing Casserole (not Jeannine's)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cup milk
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounce package of stuffing mix
Instructions:1. Saute onion, and prepare stuffing mix according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and then add flour. Stir until bubbly, then cook one minute. Slowly add in milk, stirring continually to avoid lumps.
3. Add chicken, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is done and celery is starting to get tender.
4. Pour mixture into an 8x8-inch casserole dish. Top with stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.